Lately, I have been getting pretty nauseous from various Facebook comments blatantly denying facts and common decency. Here’s a list of comments I’m tired of seeing:
- This idea that unalienable human rights are up for debate.
- The denial of any racial or gender inequality, usually followed by a blatantly racist or sexist remark that they claim is “just the truth.”
- Hatred of human rights activism.
- Consistently insisting that men just cannot control their boners and every woman, even young girls, must live in fear that we will accidentally touch a man the wrong way and give him the wrong idea. Even his family members. (Seriously, people think this and it’s sad.)
- Not knowing what inflation means, but continuing to use it as an argument against raising wages for all.
- People saying, “Well, Donald Trump has gotten out of bankruptcy before so he’d know what to do about our debt.” No, he won’t. Do a minimal amount of research before typing, please. Plus, even if it were true, that’s not a green light for everything else wrong with him.
- “Global warming? Pretty sure it was cold outside today.”
I didn’t have such a hatred for people until social media blew up so quickly. It’s a constant reminder that a college education really should be encouraged and more easily accessible for all people, but majority of the people with ignorant opinions are actually very against a higher education, because “I didn’t get one and I turned out okay.”
What are some comments you’ve seen on Facebook that have made you want to immediately get off the internet for a few hours?